Friday, January 27, 2006

Showdown by Ted Dekker

I just recently finished Showdown by Ted Dekker and have to say the guy amazes me with the ideas he come up with. He's a very talented writer who thinks outside the box all the time. That impresses me, I have to say. I like the originality of his books and themes.

Showdown definitely moves Dekker into a new realm. This book has its dark side, but in true Dekker fashion, it's used to propel the message of the book.

Good verses evil in a whole new way and form in Showdown. A stranger enters a quiet little town and turns the place on its head. What seemed wrong before is suddenly right or acceptable. This is the slide of the human nature in a worst case scenario.

I enjoy reading Dekker's books very much and will continue reading them. However, I feel like he's writing the same message over and over again. The Circle books, The Martyr's Song and Showdown have the same message, but maybe that's because it's a message that needs to be heard over and over again until everyone hears it. A message of sacrificial love--one dying to save all. Sound familiar?

Yeah, I thought it might. Dekker definitely has a calling and it is definitely like nothing you've ever seen before.

Just like his books.

4 comments:

Camy Tang said...

Thanks for the review! Thanks also for letting me borrow the book. Hehehe.
Camy

Heather Diane Tipton said...

this is cheating...

Unknown said...

So, is it a book you have to read with the lights on? I haven't read any of Dekker yet because I'm a little bit scared to since I do most of my reading right before bed.

Unknown said...

How come Camy got to borrow the book first?