Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Passion Denied by Julie Lessman

Last year I had the privilege to share Julie Lessman's first two books in her Daughter's of Boston Series. Now the third book, A Passion Denied, has just released this month. Like I said before, I normally don't care for historicals, especially this time period, but Julie is a master storyteller. Her characters are so real, because their struggles are.

And I love how Julie shows the truth about human nature and our struggles to distinguish lust from passion within the parameters of God's love. These books are full of real feelings and emotions.

If you're looking for a good romance series to dive into this summer without all the graphic sex, this is the one you want. You will definitely fall in love with these characters.

From the back cover:

Has she fallen in love with a man who cannot love her back? Elizabeth O'Connor has been like the little sister John Brady always wanted, sharing his love of literature and his thirst for God. But in the throes of the reckless Roaring Twenties, Lizzie has grown up. Suddenly she wants more from the man who has been her friend since she was a child. When this shy little bookworm blossoms into a beautiful young woman bent on loving John, she discovers that his past won't let him return that love. But Lizzie refuses to give up—until his shocking secrets push her away. Can true love survive the betrayal and deceitful of a painful past . . . or will it be shattered like the fairy-tale dreams of a girl in love?

Can't you just picture yourself on the beach or in your favorite chair reading this wonderful romance? Enjoy!

4 comments:

Chesh said...

My mother loves these books. She thought they were quite well written and said that people who enjoyed Janette Okes would really like them. I was the one who won them last time. LOL!

Julie Lessman said...

DINEEN!!! Thank you SO much for the great review ... I am blessed!

And, gosh, "master storyteller"??? Grin. Not sure about that, but I have been known to spin a yarn ... :)

Hugs,
Julie

SheriYates said...

Awesome. I am going to get this for my little sister! She will love it. Thanks!

Alli said...

Oh my goodness!!! I love this book!! It is AMAZING!!! There are so many twists and turns - and so much romance and passion - and the HUMOR!! - OH MY GOODNESS!!! You will laugh, cry (or bawl in my case), grieve, love, and just basically LIVE LIFE with these characters!!! Julie Lessman is my new all-time favorite author, and all 3 of her books in the Daughters of Boston series are MUST HAVE'S for any Christian fiction lover's shelf!! I will definitely be reading them over and over!!! Trust me!!! You will not be disappointed!!! And a side note – I am also BLOWN AWAY by Julie herself!! She not only an author who takes the time to actually READ her fan emails – but she actually RESPONDS to them…usually right away (like in the same day – sometimes the same hour!!) She GENUINELY CARES and LOVES her readers!!!! She is truly a cut above the rest!!!!!