Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Discouragement

859675_book____3This past Sunday I went with my daughter to her church for the first time. When we walked in, I felt comfortable right away. I enjoyed the worship immensely, but it was the sermon that truly had me near tears.

The pastor* spoke about being discouraged, especially if you’re a perfectionist and disappointed because things just haven’t worked out like you expected. I almost jumped out of my seat and yelled, “That’s me!”

Almost.

The past few weeks have been rough and overall, it’s been a challenging year. Hearing him speak these words right to my heart captured my complete attention. I knew I was struggling, but to hear what from so clearly defined was like a cup of cool water to my parched lips. From that point on I had no doubts God intended me to hear this message.

The pastor shared five wise principles to remember in discouraging times:

Read the rest at S.U.M.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you, Dineen. Not sure when my rough patch will end, but it's nice to be reminded of hope on the horizon.