Friday, December 16, 2005

One Winner and Two Christmas Lists

Thanks to everyone who commented. Lynetta is now the proud owner of a copy of Made of Honor. Don't you just love that title? I do.

Now, for a little fun. What are your five favorite and least favorite things about Christmas? Leave me some comments over the weekend. Let's have some fun with this.

Here are my lists:

Favorites
1. Making cookies with my daughters.
2. Finding the exact gift and knowing the person will LOVE it.
3. Watching the lights twinkle on the tree.
4. Marveling that Jesus was once a little baby and wondering if he knew who he was.
5. Watching the advent quilt fill up with ornaments and lighting the advent candles.

Least Favorites
1. Shopping (LOL, not that does not negate #2 above)
2. Trying to keep up with everything that has to be done.
3. The end of Christmas vacation (no, I will not call it Winter Break.LOL!)
4. Gaining weight. (We should be allowed to eat all the yummies one time in the year without paying for it!
5. Not being with my family.

Okay, your turn. Leave comments here or do it on your blog. If you do, let me know so I can come visit!

God bless and Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Heather Diane Tipton said...

yay you blogged! #2 of your favorites is one of my favs too.

Lynetta said...

Great list. I posted mine on my blog.

Thanks for hosting the contest. I will enjoy the book!

Unknown said...

Favorites:
1. Christmas Hymns in church
2. A Charlie Brown Christmas
3. Food
4. Knowing that my kids understand what Christmas is about.
5. Tricking out the house with lights.

Least Favorites:
1. People who ask "have you got all your shopping done yet?"
2. Daily reports on the plight of the retailers.
3. That Raven girl who just informed my kids that the Holidays are "all about partying."
4. Real winter is next.
5. All the attention given to the five people in this country who actually celebrate Kwanza.

Unknown said...

Favorites:
1. Special goodies you only eat at Christmas.
2. Memories associated with each ornament
3. Advent readings, candles and singing
4. Seeing my children "get it" more each year.
5. Trying to hide my husband's presents where he can't find them

Least Favorites:
1. Shopping at the mall
2. Too much to do and too little time
3. Feeling like I'm constantly fighting to remember the real meaning of Christmas amid the chaos.
4. Feeling guilty because we're not driving all over the southwest to see family and instead staying home.
5. The end of Christmas break (I'm with you Dineen!)

Unknown said...

Favs:
1. Seeing my kids eyes light up
2. Not getting out of my pajamas all day on Christmas
3. Remembering that He came down from the throne to save us all, and KNEW it from the beginning
4. The FOOD....ESPECIALLY the dressing and chocolate pies
5. Knowing that I'm blessed--abundantly

Least Favs:
1. Shopping
2. cleaning the house
3. Shopping
4. Setting up decorations
5. Shopping

Dineen A. Miller said...

Great lists, guys! LOL! Uh, Robin, do you hate to shop? LOLOLOLOLOL

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!