My buds, Robin Miller and Amy Wallace, tagged me with this latest meme. This one's fun, so feel free to play along either in a comment or on your own blog. I'll draw a winner from the comments to receive a copy of Stephen Bly's book, Over the Border.
1. What's the one book or writing project you haven't yet written but still hope to?
My first book will most likely never see the light of day, but I'd love to write the sequel to it one day. One of the the secondary characters is still so vivid to me. I'd love to write his story of working out his new salvation and overcoming the evil from his past.
2. If you had one entire day in which to do nothing but read, what book would you start with?
I have a copy of Tosca Lee's new book, Demon: A Memoir. Next will be Creston Mape's new book, Nobody. I hear them calling to me now!
3. What was your first writing "instrument" (besides pen and paper)?
My husbands old Apple laptop which now belongs to Deb Raney! LOL!
4. What's your best guess as to how many books you read in a month?
I'm a slow, slow reader. If I get through four fiction and one craft book a month, I'm doing gooooooooooooood.
5. What's your favorite writing "machine" you've ever owned?
May Apple Powerbook. Is there such a thing as a laptop addiction?
6. Think historical fiction: what's your favorite time period in which to read?
I'm actually quite partial to romances set in the 1700's. Pirates stories and Regency I think fit there.
7. What's the one book you remember most clearly from your youth (childhood or teens)?
Johnny Tremain. I hated, HATED, to read up until the eighth grade. A wise teacher put this book in my hands and said, "Here, read this." He looked frustrated. I wonder why. LOL! After that I read voraciously. Two books a day in the summer! (No idea what happened to me.)