Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Revelation of God

Ever have one of those meetings God clearly ordained? Either you realize it during the meeting, or after, when the facts have sunk in enough to complete the picture.

I’ve had many over the years, but never one so clearly ordained as recently. God even made sure my teen-age daughter was completely occupied, and that’s no easy feat!

We were to meet a friend at a neighborhood pool. Thinking she’d be swimming with me, my daughter’s face morphed from misery to pure joy at the sight of her close friend from youth group. (Can we say a silent “whew” for Mom, who got off the swimming hook?)

Then I had the pleasure of making a new acquaintance—the mom of my daughter’s close friend. With the help of our mutual friend from church, this other mom and I had a chance to meet and connect. I thought nothing more of it at that moment other than thinking God had done an amazing thing. My daughter swam blissfully with friends, and I enjoyed the company of two other Christian women.

Our mutual friend then had to go, leaving me and my “new friend” to chat. Feeling rather bold that day, I jumped into a new conversation thread, which lead in a direction completely unanticipated.

Read the rest at Writer...Interrupted.

2 comments:

Heather Diane Tipton said...

I loved this the first time I read it and I still love it. I love to see how God sets people up in your life just when you need them like that

Ronie Kendig said...

Hey, beautiful! I love how God does amazing things like this...when He speaks to our hearts and reveals himself in subtle ways. Incredible!!