Monday, August 13, 2007

Hope That Endures

831982_hope How do we keep hoping when everything we see tells us there is no hope?

The very definition of faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see (Hebrew 11:1). But how do we apply that to situations that leave us hope-less? So often I see the struggle of the unequally yoked spouse as a battle to simply hang on to our own faith. In the midst of the adversity the mismatched marriage naturally brings, we find ourselves praying, hoping for our spouse’s salvation. Day after day we petition God. Months or even years pass with no visible change. How do we continue? How do we keep fighting and not give up?

Read the rest at Spiritually Unequal Marriage.

3 comments:

Heather Diane Tipton said...

Hey Girl, I know you wrote this article with unequally yoked marriages in mind but I can't even begin to tell you how the Lord just used this to speak to me. Thank you for being obedient in writing these. They're awesome, and so are you! Love you!

Unknown said...

Dineen,

Once again a touching and compelling article. Thank you for showing me where our hope can be found. You always point me to Jesus. Love you

Ronie Kendig said...

OH girl--you can tell after that email I sent you that this is so perfectly timed for me. Thank you! You minister even where you didn't "intend" to. SO KEWL! You totally rock, gal.

Love you!