I am truly blessed. A huddle of cards sit on the table, surrounding the area I sit at each morning to do my quiet time. I intend to leave them there for at least a week as a reminder of how many wonderful people God has put in my life.
First, here's a little trivia about the number 42:
- Level 42, the British pop and funk band, formed in 1980 and became my absolutely favorite group as I entered my first year of college. Anybody remember the funny blond dude in the clown outfit in the music video. Ah, such memories of MTV when it was gooooooooooood.
- According to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the answer to life, the universe and everything is 42. (I'll get back to you on that in about 364 days.)
- According to Wikipedia, 42 is also the second sphenic number to be bracketed by twin primes. (Yeah, I just cut and pasted that one in.)
- The Orion Nebula Messier 42 (M42, NGC 1976) is the brightest starforming, and the brightest diffuse nebula in the sky, and also one of the brightest deepsky objects of all.
- As of October 18, 2007, iGoogle was available in 42 languages.
- The Gospel of Matthew lists 42 generations (names) for the genealogy of Jesus.
- The number of months the Beast will hold dominion over the earth according to Revelation 13:5.
- A merciful and loving God who claimed me for his very own.
- A wonderful, loving, and passionate man who married me over twenty years ago and has stuck by my side no matter what.
- Two beautiful and talented daughters who amaze me everyday that I could have had anything to do with it!
- A circle of friends, specially picked by God to uphold me in prayer, encouragement, and love.
- That I can pray, encourage and love that circle of friends mentioned above, and have the honor of being a part of their lives.
- That everyday is a new opportunity to do living and loving even better.
May God bless you richly with his love and mercy, and never, ever let you forget how much HE LOVES YOU!