Wednesday, November 14, 2007

And Getting Older

Another birthday has come and gone, celebrated with family, calls from friends, and an inbox full of e-cards and special notes.

I am truly blessed. A huddle of cards sit on the table, surrounding the area I sit at each morning to do my quiet time. I intend to leave them there for at least a week as a reminder of how many wonderful people God has put in my life.

First, here's a little trivia about the number 42:
  • Level 42, the British pop and funk band, formed in 1980 and became my absolutely favorite group as I entered my first year of college. Anybody remember the funny blond dude in the clown outfit in the music video. Ah, such memories of MTV when it was gooooooooooood.
  • According to the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the answer to life, the universe and everything is 42. (I'll get back to you on that in about 364 days.)
  • According to Wikipedia, 42 is also the second sphenic number to be bracketed by twin primes. (Yeah, I just cut and pasted that one in.)
  • The Orion Nebula Messier 42 (M42, NGC 1976) is the brightest starforming, and the brightest diffuse nebula in the sky, and also one of the brightest deepsky objects of all.
  • As of October 18, 2007, iGoogle was available in 42 languages.
  • The Gospel of Matthew lists 42 generations (names) for the genealogy of Jesus.
  • The number of months the Beast will hold dominion over the earth according to Revelation 13:5.
Now what I'm thankful for:
  • A merciful and loving God who claimed me for his very own.
  • A wonderful, loving, and passionate man who married me over twenty years ago and has stuck by my side no matter what.
  • Two beautiful and talented daughters who amaze me everyday that I could have had anything to do with it!
  • A circle of friends, specially picked by God to uphold me in prayer, encouragement, and love.
  • That I can pray, encourage and love that circle of friends mentioned above, and have the honor of being a part of their lives.
  • That everyday is a new opportunity to do living and loving even better.

May God bless you richly with his love and mercy, and never, ever let you forget how much HE LOVES YOU!

Blessings :-)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, happy birthday you! Hope you had a terrific day!

Heather Diane Tipton said...

happy birthday, Neenie!

Helen Bratko said...

Dineen! Nice blog! Happy Birthday! Praising the Lord with you for all HE has done! Woo hoo!!

heidibelle said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Lady. I am glad you had a nice one. I am back in town now so we will have to get together.
Love Heidi

Heather said...

Happy b-day!

Nike Chillemi said...

Like your blog.

Happy birthday and many more.