Monday, November 26, 2007

A Final Word on Thankfulness

716045_handsI know, I know. You’re most likely tired of the subject by now. Thanksgiving is over. We’ve seen plenty of posts about it, but I want to bring one more dish to the table before it’s cleared.

Thankfulness for our unbelieving spouses.

Sometimes this is incredibly difficult, or nearly impossible, but I do believe it to be vital. Our human nature tells us to do the opposite—to hold a grudge or to even be justifiably judgmental. Especially in situations where we’re criticized or ridiculed for our faith. However, I believe there is a deeper meaning to why we are to give thanks for all things, including our trials.

Read the rest at SUM.

2 comments:

Ronie Kendig said...

Even aside from the unequally yoked marriage, this topic should always be at the forefront of our minds. It's so easy to see all the things that are "wrong" (with things and others LOL), but it's a challenge (and a blessing forthcoming) to search out and acknowledge the blessings. I've had lots of practice with this in recent days. LOL I so don't want to be at work all day. It drains me. Sucks up my time from friends, family and my writing. However, I am soo grateful for that job. I just watched Pursuit of Happyness - and ya know, it's an awesome reminder of where my family COULD have been (since our financial situation was very simliar to Chris Gardner's) without God's mercy and protection. I have much to praise Him for!!

Sorry for rambling. I think this post ROCKS!!

Heather Diane Tipton said...

I agree with Ronie, this post ROCKS! And so do you!! *gg*