Tuesday, January 08, 2008

One Scarred Hand to the Other

716045_handsFear.

That’s what God told me to write about this week. To be honest, I don’t really know what to say about it, other than I seem to be battling it more at the moment than I ever have before.

I learned at an early age to be confident, even if I had to fake it. An insecure childhood taught me how to “pretend” this state to the point that I could almost believe it myself. I remember one of my first prayers to God after He’d put me back on my journey of faith was to be authentic. I wanted to be real.

Read the rest at S.U.M.

3 comments:

Ronie Kendig said...

Whoa, girlie! That is one "loaded" post. SIGH. I can soooo relate to what you wrote. I feel like Brian and I have been going in circles with our financial lives...but no more. It's time to gain traction and launch into the blessings this year will bring. THANK YOU for this post. It's a good smack on the head. LOL

Heather Diane Tipton said...

Neenie, like I told you last night, this post is awesome. I'm proud of you for allowing yourself to be raw in it... which allows the Holy Spirit to do what He needs to do. Love you!

Unknown said...

I don't know if I have told you lately but you are an amazing writer. Thank you for your heart for God. You always encourage me.

Stopping in to say hello. Hope your week is filled with little love notes especially for you from the Savior. Love and hugs, Lynn