Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Jesus, My Hero

130858358_88a1879a2c_mI’ve heard so many people express a desire to make this week meaningful. Passion Week. Their words pricked a cord in my heart as well. For so many years this holiday has been about Easter baskets full of candy and chocolate bunnies. (Well, I did revert to chocolate crosses some years back. Had to get that in there somehow!)

For years I’ve relinquished going to church on Easter Sunday to keep my family together. And I was fine with that. I respected my sweet hubby’s wishes and the desire of my girls to be home with their dad. I knew God understood. After all, aren’t we as Christians, belonging to Christ, called to glorify him with each day of our lives, not just one day a year?

This year looks to be quite different though. Oh, there will still be Easter baskets full of candy and chocolate crosses. But the dynamics have changed a bit.

Read the rest at S.U.M.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I found your blog by seeing who else likes Skillet.

Thinking about what you're saying and I'm wondering myself how to make it a meaningful weekend. Off to think...