Allen tagged me for this book meme thingy. I have to list 15 facts and personal preferences about books. Here goes. WARNING: It's late, I've been with sick kids all day, and my body may collapse at any moment. I cannot be held responible for the quality of this list. Read at your own risk.
1. Books have pages. (Oh wow! That was an easy one.)
2. I like to read books. (Well, duh...)
3. The oldest book in my possession is in German and is over 100 years old. (Keller's Kleider machen Leute by Gottfried Keller)
4. I always use a bookmark. (Stole this one from Allen)
5. I cut my teeth on King and Saul. Now I munch on books by Brandilyn Collins, Colleen Coble, Ted Dekker, and too many others to name.
6. I always take books with me to doctor's appointments. There's a myth to this too. If I take one, I get called in quicker. They don't want to see there patients content to wait. If I don't take one, I wait...a long time. See? Test it, it works.
7. Books are treasures. My house is lined with shelves full of them. This household reads!
8. My youngest daughter's favorite book was about a brown bunny and it was called, yep, Brown Rabbit.
9. When I'm looking for a new book and it's an author I don't know, I read the first page or two. If I'm not hooked by then, it goees back on the shelf.
10. My reading stack grows faster than I can read them. And I keep buying more books! (No, this does not negate number 9)
11. I always read one fiction and one nonfiction at the same time.
12. Confession time. I never read books twice. Not as a rule but as a fact. I keep books I love, thinking I'll read them again, but then I don't. (Except for the Bible, LOL)
13. I prefer to buy my books than go to the library.
14. I love character driven stories but prefer suspense or supernatural. (I am not a chick-lit girl!)
15. The first book I read that taught me reading could be for pleasure was Johnny Tremain, given to me by my eigth grade english teacher. Bless his heart!
That was fun! Ok, now I'm tagging Camy Tang, Ron Estrada, and Pammer.